Project Engineering Manager
Reference Number POW-24096
JOB POSTING DATE: 03RD JULY, 2013
COUNTRY OF EMPLOYMENT
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin T & D designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects from our Canadian, United States and International office locations.
SNC-Lavalin T & D has an exciting career opportunity for a Project Engineering Manager in our Calgary office. This leadership role is responsible for overseeing Project Engineering Leads and Project Engineers who in turn are responsible for overseeing project engineering teams (multi or single discipline) and coordinating design activities for our major transmission line and substation projects in Alberta and elsewhere.
Accountabilities for this role include:
- Managing the progress of engineering commitments to ensure successful project completion.
- Monitoring project resource requirements and usage.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control on assigned projects.
- Coordinating with Project Management, Procurement and Construction groups for scheduled and successful completion of the project.
- Coordinating the design activities, and providing technical and interdisciplinary coordination.
- Resolving overall technical and project execution issues.
- Managing construction support during the construction phase of the project by responding to site queries and arranging the appropriate resources.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of all engineering and design packages including return data information.
- Monitoring project progress and quality of work, and providing coaching and mentoring to project team members.
- Mentor, guide and support members of the group and others.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients for the purpose of promoting the quality of services offered.
Qualifications for these positions include:
• A degree in Engineering from a recognized institution.
• A minimum of 15 years related technical and management experience.
• Registered or eligible for registration with APEGA. Registration as a P.Eng. is considered a requirement.
• Experience in the power transmission industry is preferred.
• Knowledge of Canadian and BC Alberta(AECUC) codes and standards, including OH&S Regulations, CSA and Altalink standards.
• A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading multidiscipline groups.
• An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior relationship management skills.
• Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple teams, priorities and time lines.
This position requires a high level of interpersonal communication skills. Occasional travel to remote locations is required. This position reports to the Manager, Project Engineering.
If you are a qualified candidate who is interested in applying your skills and experience in our dynamic work environment, please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
* Please indicate on your application how/where you found out about this position. Thank you. *
SECTOR(S) OF ACTIVITY
Power Transmission and Distribution
Please note that according to our selection process, pre-employment verifications, including a criminal and credit check, may be performed.