IT Support Officer - Landon
Benefits and Salary :: Competitive salary and benefits package.
Closing Date :: 18 Jul 2013
Type of Position :: Permanent
The purpose of the role is to provide IT support to users within the business. This role covers a number of responsibilities that will be carried out in accordance with a rota defined by the Service Delivery Leader.
Resolution of all IT support incidents and requests coming via the IT Help Desk. IT support provision in the UK and help to other business units outside of the UK.
Deal with requests and issues that come into the Help Desk including, but not limited to, the following types of support calls via phone, email and instant messaging:
• Administrative changes including active directory, user account set up and group modifications.
• Asset management of equipment including, but not limited to, mobile phones, computers and peripherals.
• Remote installation of software.
• General troubleshooting of IT hardware and software issues.
• Focus on resolution of support calls to a first time fix.
• Ownership of the issue from receipt until resolution regardless of the location.
Central IT Support:
Carry out IT wide duties such as:
• PC builds for lease replacements delivered (remotely).
• Projects as defined in alignment with the IT strategy.
• Backup reporting for the UK offices (although tapes will be changed within the business unit itself).
• Implementation and improvements to policies and process in alignment with the IT department governance requirements.
• File restores where backup tapes are available within the library units.
Business Unit Role:
Carry out site specific duties that require a physical touch including but not limited to:
• Backup tape changes.
• Meeting room audits and remediation.
• Physical touch escalations for items that cannot be resolved remotely.
• Desk office moves on a scheduled basis.
The post holder must at all times carry out his/ her duties with due regard to the Buro Happold Equality & Diversity Policy.
• Excellent IT skills.
• A good working knowledge of all levels of support.
• Knowledge of Microsoft products including all office applications and operating systems.
• Experience of setting up and maintaining hardware and software systems.
• Very good communication skills.
• The ability to listen, understand and defuse difficult situations.
• Confident, proactive character, with the ability to deal with challenging situations.
• Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
• Able to forward think and effect continuous improvement.
• Prior IT experience essential.
• Good secondary and/or equivalent education: A levels, HND/C or degree.
• Industry related qualifications, for example Microsoft Certified (MCSE, MCSA or MCP), ITIL V3 Foundation or CCNA.
• The core business hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm however due to the nature of the role hours of work will need to be flexible and this role will be expected to work in a shift pattern to accommodate coverage within the team of expanded hours of 8am to 6pm.
• Mobility to travel in role.