IT Support Intern
IT Support Intern (6281)
Requisition Number 6281 - Posted 08/20/2013 - Corporate Operations - Professional - 0% - Regular Full Time - Ariba
Ariba, an SAP company, is the world’s business commerce network. Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world's largest web-based trading community to help companies discover and collaborate with a global network of partners. Using the Ariba® Network, businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time from any application or device to buy, sell and manage their cash more efficiently and effectively than ever before. Companies around the world use the Ariba Network to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver.
Title: IT Support Intern
Department: IT Global Operations
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports To: IT Support Manager
Job Description Overview
Ariba, Inc. is the leading provider of collaborative business commerce solutions. Ariba combines industry-leading software as a service (SaaS) technology to optimize the complete commerce lifecycle with the world's largest web-based community to discover, connect and collaborate with a global network of trading partners, delivering everything needed to control costs, minimize risk, improve profits and enhance cash flow and operations – all in a cloud-based environment. Whether you’re buying, selling or managing cash, you can do it more efficiently and effectively in the Ariba® Commerce Cloud. Over 300,000 companies, including more than 90 percent of the Fortune 100, use Ariba’s solutions to drive more efficient inter-enterprise commerce.
Ariba IT is currently looking for a paid intern for the IT Support team. Individual must have outstanding communications skills (speaking, listening, written, etc.), superior customer support, learn quickly and be a team player. Intern candidate must be working toward an AS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and be available to work 20 – 30 hours a week Monday -Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Field incoming help desk requests from internal customers via telephone, ticket system and e-mail in a courteous and timely manner.
· Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate issues (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from internal customers.
· Basic understanding of Microsoft OS (XP, 2000)/OfficeXP/2003, installation and support.
· Ability to provide telephone/on-site support to local and remote corporate users.
· Ability to perform installations and configurations of PC hardware and software.
· Assist internal customers with issues involving desktop hardware, operating system, application and networking issues.
· Track and deploy IT asset inventory.
· Assist in shipping of equipment (laptops, servers, etc…).
Basic Minimum Qualifications
· Must be able to lift items > 50lbs.
· Must be working toward an AS/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and be available to work 20 – 30 hours a week Monday -Friday
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmation Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.