Senior IT Systems Engineer
To £38,000 + Bonus + Overtime + Callout + Excellent Benefits!
Senior IT Support Engineer, Server Support Technician, Wintel, Technical Support, Infrastructure Support, Windows 2003/2008 Server, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Citrix, SAN, VMware, Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager (MS SCOM), Exchange Server 2007, TCP/IP, Microsoft SQL Server.
Working for one of the UK’s most recognised names you will perform a mixture of infrastructure support and infrastructure development activities. This includes but is not limited to proactive monitoring, second line fault diagnosis and resolution, disaster recovery, problem resolution, upgrades to existing Windows based servers and systems, implementing and checking backups, anti-virus deployment and monitoring, auditing of environment and computer rooms and maintaining environmental records. Ensuring solutions are implemented in harmony with the existing environment and minimising disruption to the user community is essential.
Development activities include delivery of server platforms and solutions to underpin operational, automation and reporting services. You will use physical and virtualised server platforms; deploy office solutions including Citrix Presentation Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office and file services.
Core Skills Required:
- Proven skills working in a large multi-site corporate environment using Microsoft and Intel server and application technologies.
- Proven knowledge and use of the following technologies: - VMware vSphere v4, Windows 2003/2008 Server, Microsoft clustering technologies, Citrix Presentation Server, Microsoft Active Directory, SAN Technologies, Microsoft Systems Centre Operations Manager (MS SCOM), Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, vbScripting, TCP/IP, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Plan and lead technical projects.
- Design, specify and implement projects from conception to implementation.
- Ability to plan and conduct technical testing on systems to be delivered.
The successful candidate will have specialisation in at least one or more of the following areas:-
- Using Citrix technologies to deliver a large and critical centralised desktop environment.
- SAN knowledge (IBM XIV beneficial but not essential) to manage, deliver and underpin file systems, MS SQL Clusters, VMware clusters, archival, tiered or unified storage using Brocade fibre-channel or iSCSI fabrics.
- VMware vSphere server virtualisation and management in a multi-server clustered environment.
You will be confident in owning & taking a technical lead to determine the creation & delivery of technical solutions and play an active role in deciding systems policies, with the ability to lead in the delivery of large and critical platform solutions to schedule & budget.
Industry recognised qualifications such as MCP, MCSE advantageous.
You will be required to take part in a weekly callout rota and the Technical Services Team operates a shift pattern covering the hours 07:00am – 6:00pm.
Salary: To £38,000 + Bonus + Overtime + Callout + Excellent Benefits!
Location: West Yorkshire / Pontefract.
Cordius is a leading independently owned recruitment consultancy working throughout the East Midlands, West Midlands and the UK. Celebrating 25 years of successful recruitment within IT, Technical and Engineering disciplines, our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates; Recruiting Permanent and Contract Helpdesk Analyst, Remote Support, Support Analyst, Technical Support, Network Support, System Administrator and Technical Support Engineer vacancies.