IT Service Specialist
Head Office East Kilbride
(12 month maternity cover)
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, the IT Service Specialist will be the first point of contact for all IT issues. They will log and manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates and escalation where a first time fix is not possible.
- Answer incoming calls from internal customers and external suppliers
- Record, update and proactively manage Incidents and Service Requests received via phone, voice mail, email and desk side visit
- Provide initial assessment of Incidents and Service requests setting appropriate categorisation and prioritisation
- Provide initial support of incidents, ensuring appropriate analysis takes place and all required information is captured and accurately recoded
- Proactively monitor, progress and resolve incidents in line with departmental SLAs
- Escalate in a timely manner incidents where a first time fix is not possible
- Create, update and Manage Service Requests in line with internal SLAs
- Update and manage IT Deployed Assets
- Ensure internal policies are adhered to whilst dealing with incidents and SLAs
- Work with external suppliers to organise hardware deployments and hardware replacements
- Create and maintain user accounts
- Install packaged software
- Provide basic support for desktop/laptop computer systems, printers, phones, mobile devices, and other hardware
- Issue informative communication messages to the business relating to RFCs and other planned and unplanned maintenance in line with the weekly scheduled CAB meetings
- Create, maintain and organise SSG documentation to help build the support knowledge base
- Drive and manage support solutions back into the user community
- Provide key operational system verification, support and escalation.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills balanced with effective communication and excellent customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of IT Service Management processes and procedures, specifically Incident, Problem, Change and Service Level Management
- ITIL Foundation Level certification
- Educated to degree level (preferably IT-related) or equivalent experience
Monday to Friday 40 Hours per week; A single member of the team will also provide cover on Saturdays from 8am to 4pm on a rotational basis.
If you would like to apply for the role send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Joanne McLaughlan and in the subject line please quote what vacancy you are applying for by close of business Friday 7th June 2013.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO WE INTEND TO PROGRESS TO THE NEXT STAGE OF THE SELECTION PROCESS WILL RECEIVE FURTHER CONTACT FROM THE COMPANY