Welder jobs / Machinist jobs:
Tracking Code: 78-682
Seaward Services, Inc currently seeks a Machinist/Welder. This position is responsible for welding steel, aluminum, stainless steel, machine parts and fabricate parts or systems in support of maintenance, repair, and test and evaluation operations in a fashion that exceeds the highest standards within the industry while promoting and maintaining the utmost integrity and the highest standard of service to all customers.
Essential Functions – The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- This person shall have a minimum of a welding or machinist certification or two years experience working as a full time welder, machinist or fabricator.
- This person shall be proficient with MIG welding of aluminum and steel. Also prefer proficiency with TIG, and stick welding of all types of metals.
- Able to complete class/certification to operate machine shop equipment to include milling, cutting, drilling and bending/forming machines.
- Required to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Maintain active list of project timelines and prioritize job tasks.
- Inspect parts to assure conformance to specification.
- Remain technically current.
- Analyze technical data.
- Perform special projects.
- Experience with supporting military and commercial, maintenance, repair and fabrication operations.
- Able to effectively provide verbal and written communication with government personnel and/or customers.
- Maintain compliance with US Navy and OSHA requirements and a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Civilian or military Welding or Machinist Certification.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Valid and Clean Driver’s License.
- Must wear Company uniform and required safety equipment
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Two years' experience with general machine shop practice; interpreting drawings and specifications, planning and laying out of work, using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instrument, setting up and operating standard machine tools, making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tolling, feeds and speeds of machining, familiarity with the properties of metals commonly used in marine applications, including stainless steels, aluminum, and copper alloys.
- Will be required to perform welding and machining of ferrous and non-ferrous metals to repair, maintain and fabricate parts for small boats, vessels and support US Navy operations as required.
- Expected to work outside normal hours of operations as mission/fleet support requirements dictate.
- May be required to travel on short notice as mission/fleet support requirements dictate.
- Mental: Ability to determine safe or unsafe conditions. Process calculations.
- Physical: Ability to carry materials weighing upwards of 100 lbs.
- Use of Senses: Observe for safety. Vision correctible to 20/40. Full color vision, no night blindness. Full range of all limbs.
- Environment: Outside conditions, extreme temperatures. Marine operation may be subject to varied wake and motion.
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular