Data Quality Analyst for EHS (Environment, Health & safety)
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Upstream Americas portfolio today generates significant cash flow from core producing areas. We explore for and extract crude oil and natural gas, often in joint ventures with international and national oil companies. We have a robust portfolio of deepwater and onshore acreage across the Americas to ensure sustained production. The Gas Monetization business focuses on ways to leverage Shell’s significant natural gas position in new and existing markets, such as converting natural gas to liquids (GTL) to provide cleaner burning fuels. We are also developers of wind power as a means to generate electricity. Upstream Americas will invest in developing our existing resource base to sustain profitable core areas, in growing integrated gas positions and new material oil projects and in unlocking additional unconventional oil and gas resources.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
- Maintain the integrity of the content, usage, and quality of the Global Incident Management database - Fountain Incident Management (FIM) with in the Business
- Assure the adherence to Shell Group, UA, UI and Projects and Technology legal regulations, including Data Privacy
- Manage and if necessary, prepare change request for the UA,UI and P&T hierarchy in Businesses
- Regularly check actual work within business in field incident management and reporting processes against intended practice
- Regularly check FIM datasets and reports for compliance to Data Privacy, Group and Regional requirements
- Provide analysis of data to businesses using a variety of IT tools such as spotfire and Business Objects
- Identify, manage and resolve issues affecting the performance and efficiency of Fountain Incident Management with Businesses
- Develop, direct and maintain a network of FIM Site Focal Points
- Influence and steer the appointment of Global Focal Points and Gatekeepers for Upstream Americas (UA), Upstrea, International (UI) and Projects & Technology (P&T)
- Mentor and skills management for the FIM community
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HSE oil field operations and/or CSP qualification
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Skill of the Fountain Impact program
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint with statistical packages if possible
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Skilled using Spotfire Professional and Business Objects
- Ability to travel up to 10% to meet business needs
Application Deadline: Tuesday 11 June 2013
Number of Vacancies: 1
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.