Systems Specialist Engineer
Systems Specialist I - Building Automation Solutions
- Hayward, CA
Aug 23, 2013
Categories : Engineering Jobs
Do you have experience with servicing or installing building automation systems?
Consider bringing your talent to Siemens—a global engineering powerhouse that will allow you to grow your career in ways you would never be able to elsewhere.
At Siemens you can pursue opportunities in other Siemens divisions (we create, improve, and provide many more technologies than those used to make buildings smarter and safer), other locations across the country or around the globe, and other business disciplines (many of our field operations experts have pursued opportunities in project management, sales, operations leadership, and other ventures).
The Systems Specialist coordinates, implements and/or performs technical product support for building automation systems that have been newly installed at customer sites throughout the San Francisco area. This role reports to the Solutions Operations Supervisor.
- Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, and in the review/modification and upload of point database, review/modification of semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Network Technologies: participates in the verification of point database and programming are consistent with scope of work for integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; resolves basic issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation product knowledge.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field preferred.
- Proven technical aptitude relatable to building automation controls.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience installing, programming, and servicing building automation controls systems preferred; candidates with such experience will receive preference over candidates with other electrical/mechanical skills.
- Integration experience such as Modbus and BacNet a plus.
- IT experience a plus.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Division: IC - BT - Building Automation
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.Click to Apply