Systems Maintenance Apprentice - (223)
Job Title: Systems Maintenance Apprentice
Location: Evansville, IN 47710 US (Primary)
Shift Type: Any Shift
Category: Manufacturing Operations
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Classification: Hourly
Education: High School or GED
• Work in all areas of Building Maintenance on a daily basis where needed to meet departmental workload.
• Must be familiar with auxiliary equipment job description and help cover systems calls as well as fill in for vacations.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Maintain and repair all building structures.
• Assist HVAC technician and Building technician.
• Perform other duties as described in Work Instruction.
• Maintain and enforce all company safety, environment and Department of Heath requirements
• High school diploma / GED equivalent.
• Able to work independently in a potentially isolated area of the building.
• Ability to work at heights (with or without fall protection). Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
• Knowledge of mechanical systems and proven ability to apply that knowledge.
• Basic trouble shooting skills.
• Able to climb ladders safely and without assistance for a minimum of 4 times per hour. Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.
• Ability to work in extremes of heat and cold.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds at a minimum of 5 times per day.
• Ability to lift 35 lbs. over shoulder height a minimum of 1 time per hour.
• Ability to work in a dusty environment.
• Ability to climb on and off a forklift safely and without assistance at a minimum of 3 times per day.
• Ability to safely operate a forklift in high traffic, low clearance areas while not posing a safety risk to others. Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness.