Jr. IT Security Specialist - (2013-105)
Job Title: Jr. IT Security Specialist
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Location: Alexandria, VA 22314 US (Primary)
Career Level: Associate Staff
Security Requirement: DHS Public Trust
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: 0 - 10%
The Junior IT Security Specialist will perform ISSO and/or ISSO support responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring that security requirements for the assigned major application or general support system are being or shall be met.
- Ensuring that requests for certification and accreditation (C&A) of assigned major application or general support system is completed in accordance with FedRAMP guidance.
- Ensuring that protective measures for physical security are in compliance with federal policies.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal requirements concerning the use of commercial proprietary software, e.g., respecting copyrights and obtaining site licenses.
- Maintaining an inventory of hardware and software for the application.
- Coordinating the development of a Contingency Plan and ensuring that the plan is tested and maintained.
- Ensuring risk analyses are completed to determine cost-effective and essential safeguards.
- Ensuring preparation of security plans for a major application in a Federal Cloud environment.
- Attending security awareness and related training programs and distributing security awareness information to the user community as appropriate.
- Reporting IT security incidents (including computer viruses) in accordance with established procedures.
- Reporting security incidents not involving IT resources to the appropriate security office.
- Providing input to appropriate IT security personnel for preparation of reports to higher authority concerning sensitive information systems.
- Determining acceptable level of risk to IT systems as defined by regulatory requirements.
- Providing written Risk Assessments
- Maintaining a documentation library to include all security documents to include but not limited to the FIPS 199 Workbook, E-Authentication Workbook, System Security Plan, Risk Assessment, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, Plan of Action and Milestones, Requirements Traceability Matrix, etc.
Job RequirementsREQUIRED EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Degree and at least one IT Security Certification (e.g., Security +, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, etc.)
REQUIRED YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE : 3
- Familiarity with one or more of DHS Directive 4300A, FIPS Pubs 199 & 200, and NIST Special Pubs 800-37 & 800-53.
- Understanding of business security practices and procedures.
- Performing Certification & Accreditation.
- Knowledge of current security tools available.
- Hardware/software security implementation.
- Different communication protocols.
US Citizenship is required by the customer contract.
A current SECRET clearance is preferred to expedite obtaining Public Trust.
- Experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Familiar with FedRAMP Guidance.
- Familiarity with commercial products and current Internet/EC technology.
- Experience with POA&M management.
- Encryption techniques/tools.
- Performing Risk Analysis and Assessment.
Apply for Jobs: JR.IT Security Specialist