IT Support Specialist
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time Min.
The IT Support Specialist will assist customers and internal technical personnel with IT-related service issues and most particularly issues related to PLM and Team solutions received by the North American Call Center. This position serves as first point of contact dealing directly with the customers to trouble-shoot and resolve issues, assist with installations, and identify and communicate business opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver the highest level of response to our customers service requests by phone and internet, respecting the customer contract;
- Trouble-shoot / isolate problems between OS and Lectra proprietary software or peripherals, PLM and Team solutions;
- Ability to resolve problems remotely and determine critical cases to escalate to Tier2;
- Follow service request until the final resolution;
- Ability to multi-task, identify, and communicate business opportunities;
- Assist with installation of Lectra software solutions;
- Log all service calls and daily activities into the service monitoring software (Oracle EBS);
- Candidate will possess a positive attitude and be willing to be part of a team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5-year degree in Computer Engineering/Services or related field experience. 2-year accepted if significant professional experience;
- MCSE or MCP certification a plus.
Minimum 2 years experience in:
- Relational databases : Oracle, SQL Server
- Application servers: JEE
- Web mail servers
- Programming : SQL, ETL, XML, scripts
- Operating systems : Windows, Unix, Mac
- Network, domains
- Virtual machines, Terminal Server, Citrix
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Electronic and electrical applications and trouble-shooting
- Software and hardware (CAM/CAD i.e. plotter, cutter) a major plus
- Knowledge of customers’ processes a plus: Style, Pattern Design, Textile design,…
- Computer Aided Manufacturing and/or Robotics software and hardware advantageous
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish; fluency in French a plus
This position requires a motivated self-starter with strong communication skills (English and Spanish, French a plus) and strong technical and trouble-shooting skills. Must have thorough knowledge of collaborative solutions support. The position requires good PC hardware, software and peripherals knowledge, and to be familiar with network and internet technologies.
- Technical support experience in multi-tier applications;
- Good Oracle Database knowledge;
- Excellent computer skills and OS knowledge;
- Experience with Windows OS (Windows XP and Windows 7);
- Experience with Mac OS and Unix OS (Linux, AIX);
- Knowledge of IP Networking (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Internet);
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Spanish (French a plus);
- Knowledge of reporting tools (Business Objects) a plus;
- Very strong customer service skills.