IT Business Management Analyst
Job ID : 1694536
Job Title : Sr-IT-Business-Management-Analyst
Location : Charlotte, NC US
Posted On : 9-3-2013
Job Type : Full Time
TIAA-CREF is seeking a Business Management Analyst to work within its IT Risk and Security function. The applicant will ensure that the day-to-day activities involved in "running IT as a business" are optimized and cost effective to support sound decision making. Specific dimensions of business management include financial oversight and control, portfolio management, business performance management (metrics and reporting), process management, communication and human capital management. This role is critical to IT Risk and Security’s ability to demonstrate, evidence and communicate successful execution of its strategy.
- Enable sound decision making by ensuring that data used in analyses and reporting is reliable and accurate; perform basic analyses on the business management data (portfolio, metrics, financials, risks, etc.).
- Apply an understanding of best practices to the execution of the business management practice or discipline.
- Focus on simplifying process, and on creation of just-enough process.
- Drive best practices, streamlining, accuracy and consistency.
- Provide consulting and support to process owners and teams where needed based on the varying maturity levels and needs.
- Ensure process and tool standards are established and communicated with supporting job aides.
- Practical experience with process improvement initiatives and methodologies required.
- Must be a good communicator with superior listening and influencing skills, the ability to think out of the box and provide creative solutions and to challenge the status quo.
- Good knowledge of organizational change management required, preferably in an IT organization.
- Practical experience as a change agent preferred.
- Information Gathering and Analysis Collaborate with data providers to improve accuracy and/or timeliness of information delivery.
- Analyze and assess data/metrics gathered for key themes and/or trends that should be highlighted to senior management.
- Deliver accurate and timely data, metrics and reports for key organizational meetings.
- Monitor and track risks, issues and action items to ensure accountability, follow through and resolution as per prescribed commitments.
- Assess delivery and operational processes for improvement opportunities; propose improvement options/actions.
- Develop insightful and accurate reports on progress against objectives.
- Creatively enhance business management artifacts to improve message impact.
- Support senior management/technology area on execution of key meetings, e.g., staff, town hall, off sites.
- Contribute to IT wide business management projects that foster standardization and consistency.
- Identify and share best practices within technology area.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 4 years experience in Information Technology - business management experience a plus.
- Project and Program Management:
- Experience with managing complex IT projects - PMP (Project Management Professional) certification a plus
- Process improvement expertise – exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies a plus.
- Must have hands-on experience, not just theoretical Knowledge of basic IT Risk and Security functions and organizational strategies.
- Ability to plan and organize self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets.
- Determined to deliver outcomes and is able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward.
- Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed the expectations of customers.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, managers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Understands the importance of developing effective partnership relationships with key partners and suppliers.
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, seeks improvements and looks to the future.
- Understands and applies the principles of project management and applies methodologies, tools and processes to manage own assignments or simple projects.
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity at all times - ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Tactful, resolute and committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Superior written and presentational skills; ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences including senior management and the Board.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are making a difference.Click to Apply