German Speaking Staff Accountant
Name: Forrester Research
Code: TLJ / Accountant
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Central London - London, United Kingdom, WC2R 1BH
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Languages: English, German
Join one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. Are you insatiably curious about technology and its impact on business? Do you love the intellectual challenge of engaging with passionate colleagues and inspiring clients?
Do your friends describe you as:
Pursue your passion. Learn more about working at Forrester.
FLUENCY IN GERMAN & ENGLISH ESSENTIAL
Here’s What You’ll Do:
A global research and advisory firm, Forrester serves professionals in 13 key roles across three distinct client segments. Our clients face progressively complex business and technology decisions every day. To help them understand, strategize, and act upon opportunities brought by change, Forrester provides proprietary research, consumer and business data, custom consulting, events and online communities, and peer-to-peer executive programs. We guide leaders in the business technology, marketing and strategy, and tech industry through independent fact-based insight, ensuring their business success today and tomorrow.
The Staff Accountant, reporting to the accounting supervisor, is responsible for a broad range of activities relating to Forrester’s European subsidiaries.
The Staff Accountant:
• Manages the month end close process for the relevant entities, which involves completing the monthly balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis.
• Completes bank reconciliations, accruals schedules, and intercompany transactions.
• Prepares and posts the journals relating to respective entities.
• Completes the periodic VAT returns.
• Submits monthly cash flow forecasts.
• Assists with ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
• Assists in preparation of monthly payroll for respective entities.
• Provides items to assist with the requirements of statutory auditors and tax filings.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
Here’s What You’ll Bring To The Table:
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
• Experience working as an accounts assistant or within a similar role.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills are essential.
• Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team.
• Good working knowledge of financial applications (PeopleSoft experience a plus) and other desktop applications (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint).
• Must be confident, flexible, self-motivated, and energetic.
• A high level of attention to detail and a logical and organized approach is essential.
• German language skills preferred.
Here’s What You’ll Get:
• Exposure to industry experts and to top business leaders within Fortune 1000 companies.
• Access to research that influences global leaders every day.
• World-class learning and development opportunities.
• Global reach: Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, spanning six continents.
• Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative.
• Nice extras:
o Financial contribution and discount incentive for gym membership.
o Additional funding for you to take external courses.
o On-site café with TV, table tennis, and foosball.
o Private health insurance.
o A competitive benefits package.
Check us out online at forrester.com/careers
Join The Conversation:
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to:
Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and
Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.