Reference Number POW-24123
WORK LOCATION : Oakville
COUNTRY OF EMPLOYMENT
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear Inc.
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Role Location: Oakville
Founded in 1967, SNC-Lavalin Nuclear provides a complete range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and abroad including engineering and design, procurement, project management and construction for new build nuclear power plants, major refurbishments, life extensions and sustaining capital projects, for both the CANDU and Pressurized Water Reactor Technologies. It also provides specialized services such as safety analysis, licensing support, environmental qualification, metrology/spatial analysis, geotechnical investigations, feasibility studies, siting studies, operations support, decommissioning and waste management services.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear holds the distinction of being the first Canadian engineering/construction services organization to receive ASME N-Stamp certification for safety and quality.
SNC-Lavalin Nuclear is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin Inc., one of the world’s leading engineering and construction firms with over 34,000 employees working in offices located across Canada and in over 100 countries globally.
The joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and Aecon has been awarded a contract with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to carry out the Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement (RFR) project. The project involves refurbishment of all four reactors at the Darlington Generating Station and consists of two phases – a Definition Phase and an Execution Phase. The Definition Phase includes the construction of a full-scale reactor mock-up to simulate key elements of the refurbishment work, and the development, procurement and testing of specialized tooling required for the project. The Execution Phase involves refurbishment of the reactor cores using the tools and methods that were developed and tested during the Definition Phase.
The Mechanical Engineer will report to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Conduct design verification field walk downs to collect data to verify the design work in support the RFR project
• Interface with plant personnel to ensure that plant operability and nuclear safety concerns have been adequately addressed by the design
• Assist in preparation of the design drawings, sketches, calculations and other engineering material associated to work under project
• Confirm construction scope, technical and material requirements align with design
• Identify any plant discrepancies and Legacy Issues that could affect the design implementation
• Review existing plant conditions to confirm spare parts requirements
• Interface with construction personnel to ensure the design is optimized for implementation
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• 3-7 years engineering and construction project experience
• EPC and/or EPCM project knowledge and experience
• Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario is an asset. Eligibility is a must.
• Proficiency in office-related software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with a large team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility to work in both field and office
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SECTOR(S) OF ACTIVITY
Please note that according to our selection process, pre-employment verifications, including a criminal and credit check, may be performed.