Business Analyst - Document Processes
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Division: Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Job Family: Business and Administration
MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer the professional with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com/candidateinfo to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
Reporting to the Manager Continuous Improvement, the key responsibilities of the Business Analyst – Document Processes include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Enable Thermal to become a world leader in document management in both field and office with best in class processes
o Lead the development of documentation of work processes and improvements
o Develop and maintain document control standards and associated procedures for document control
o Rollout work processes and training to end users
o Ensure quality of documents stored by Thermal users
o Have regular and open communication with Thermal teams to ensure document control requirements and processes are being met
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Enhance control processes for facility and project document management within the Thermal team
• Work closely with complementary teams to help ensure the effective implementation of document management processes
• Identify, validate and implement appropriate document metadata processes
• Analyze the current environment and propose improvements
• Create a training program for thermal teams in document management
• Mentor Thermal teams in document management
• Assist with implementing and configuring an EDMS
• Apply operations experience in upstream oil and gas
• Understand SAGD/CSS operations and terminology
• Typically 6+ years of corporate document management systems experience used in engineering, construction and/or upstream operational environments or equivalent administrative experience
• A University degree or diploma
• Project Management Professional (P.M.P) certification considered an asset
• Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Microsoft Office
o Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
o EDMS applications
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.