IT Systems Training & Support
Job Title:IT Coworker/Systems Training & Support
Location:Philadelphia (South Philadelphia)
Work Area: IT
Full Time - Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Additional Information :
* Full time (32-40 hours/week)
* Must have night and weekend availability
* IT experience in a retail environment preferred
* Starting rate $14.49-$18.11
Job ID 163300BR
Removal Date 06/24/2013
ABOUT THE JOB Provide specialist support within the computer systems function to provide the best possible service to our customers.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your main tasks will include:
• Provide specialist competence within the computer systems function to maximize efficiencies across all departments to meet the identified customer demand.
• Facilitate computer systems training programs for coworkers
• Maintain high level of proficiency in store systems and PC skills and awareness of technology
• Diagnose system problems and make recommendations on resolution
• Establish good routines to ensure effective system use
• Complete general routines and ensure housekeeping is of the highest standard.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of policies, routines and procedures within your area of responsibility.
• Communicate to managers any customer issues/concerns that cannot be resolved
• Promote a safe working environment for fellow co-workers, customer and visitors by reporting any safety hazards, concerns or ideas for improvement.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include: COMPETENCE 2-3 years of experience in the following knowledge areas:
• Good customer service, and verbal communication skills
• Experience in a customer service or administrative environment
• Strong knowledge of computers and computer functionality with the ability to analyze and resolve PC and systems problems
Knowledge and interest in Home Furnishings
Effective verbal and written skills in the English language
• Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
• Ability to work independently and in groups
• Basic computer skills
• Prefer fast-paced, retail work environment
• Basic math skills
Work Location: Fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume retail store
Physical/Mental Demands (Essential Functions): Having the ability to access and observe all areas of the store; to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress; to communicate with customers and co-workers and manage conflict; to lift and move 50 lbs (25 kg); to use the PC for extended periods during the shift; to wear PPE (personal protective equipment); and to use small power tools and related equipment.
• Physical/Mental Demands (Non Essential Functions): Bending, stretching, reaching, climbing, lifting and wearing required IKEA uniform
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.