Job Abbreviation Title: Project Engineer - required 03
With a number of major, world-class projects currently being executed from our UK offices, and a number of exciting new awards about to be announced, Fluor is now in an exciting period of significant growth, and as such we are now keen to identify a number of suitably experienced Project Engineers to join our team based here in our brand new, purpose built, UK headquarters in Farnborough.
At Fluor we believe that your career development is far more than just your next project, and there simply couldn’t be a better time for career-minded professionals to join our team.
Under general supervision the Project Engineer III performs assigned general duties of broader scope and responsibility and may be delegated a moderate to high level of independent authority. At this level may be the only project engineer with full responsibility for all general duties on a small project, or assigned particular responsibility for general duties on a medium sized or more complex segment of a larger project.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems;
- Assuring compliance with established safety policies and procedures and practices safe work habits throughout all phases of the project;
- Assisting in management and coordination of activities among all project functions and engineering disciplines in accordance with the established Project baseline;
- Supporting efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
- Assisting in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitor activities, progress, and milestones;
- Assisting in creation and coordination of project manhour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and cost performance against these;
- Preparing project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
- Identifying and evaluating issues and events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project or service scope, cost, or schedule;
- Preparing documentation for meetings or communications concerning project contractual or technical issues.
As an equal opportunities employer, Fluor is committed in ensuring that our work place is free from unlawful discrimination, which includes but is not limited to race, nationality, ethic or national origin, disability, age or religion
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant, regrettably only those selected for interview will be contacted. We will, however, keep your CV and information on file for consideration against upcoming positions.
Basic Job Requirements: Relevant Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent);
- Significant experience of Project Engineering on EPCM type projects within the Oil & Gas Engineering Industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel
Other Job Requirements: Chartered Engineering Status CEng is preferred.
Degree Required :Yes
City (or Nearest City): Farnborough
Country :United Kingdom
Location Type: Office
Requisition Number: 52443BR