13th May, 20013
Job Number: 1751188
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Europe
We are GE Healthcare, a $17 billion division of General Electric Company. We have a shared passion: a desire to transform healthcare. By putting the strength of the world’s leading scientists, engineers and business people together, we can make anything happen. Our focus on early prevention helps to find and eliminate disease sooner so people can live longer, fuller lives.
Posted Position Title: Field Engineer
Career Level: Experienced
Function : Services
Function Segment : Field Services
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available : United Kingdom
Relocation Expenses: No
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced engineer to be responsible for developing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with customer representatives, ensuring Customer Satisfaction and maintaining all equipment models specific to the CT/PET modalities in the Central Scotland region.
- Technical: Maintains all models specific to CT/PET modalities in the Central Scotland region, with the opportunity to expand into other modalities as business needs demand it.
- Electronic/Mechanical: Total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
- Customer satisfaction: Daily interface with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues. Acts to ensure satisfaction to primary customers.
- LCT: Assists in Account Sales visits; helps train others where necessary; identify Sales opportunities and communicate to account team.
- Business growth: Assists in the growth and direction of business in his/her geographic area.
- Productivity: Responsible for Warranty and PMS contract cost control.
- Administration: Responsibly completes all administration tasks on time. Ensures timely completion of FMIs and PMS inspections documentation for assigned accounts.
- Installation: Plays a leading role in complex and multifunctional rooms. Shares best practices.
- Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
- Ideal geographic location is within the Central belt of Scotland (Edinburgh/Glasgow/Stirling area) with travel required throughout all of the Scotland area, and other areas as required by the business.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent certification and work experience.
- Proven experience demonstrating technical analytical skills.
- Demonstrable Field Services experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of X Ray modalities, CT/PET experience preferable.
- Proven ability to train others or sought by others for guidance and advice.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- High work standards and quality.
- Initiative and motivation.
- Self-starter – able to plan and organize work effectively.
- Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer skills; deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion, influences rather than directs.
- Current valid driving licence