08th May, 2013
Group Accountant (m / f)
METRO GROUP is one of the most important international retailing companies. Reached sales of around € 67 billion in 2011. The company operates in 32 countries at 2,200 locations and employs over 280,000 employees. The Group's performance is based on the strength of its sales brands which operate independently in the market: Metro / Makro Cash & Carry - the international leader in self-service wholesale, Real hypermarkets, Media Markt and Saturn - European market leader in consumer electronics retailing, and Galeria Kaufhof department stores . For more information: www.metrogroup.de.
- Personal responsibility for care of individual balance sheet and GM positions in the context of the preparation of financial statements for all actual and budget reporting purposes
- Application of international Rechnungslegunsstandards IFRS / IAS
- Participate in the evaluation and analysis of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Pro-active communication with colleagues and supervisors regarding the analysis results
- Supporting preparation for the presentation of lessons learned on internal group committees and departments (investor relations, corporate communications, controlling) and to external users
- advice and support of a group of subsidiaries in all issues relating to international accounting standards
- Participate in cross-divisional projects
- Above-average completed an business degree or equivalent education with a focus on international accounting, ideally in conjunction with the issues accounting and / or auditing
- During the study, or professional experience acquired knowledge of the consolidation of financial statements according to international accounting standards
- Strong analytic / conceptual thinking skills.
- Compelling presentation and communication skills.
- Good German and English, spoken and written
- Safe use of computer programs (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, SAP R / 3 and EC-CS)
- teamwork and service orientation
Position available from: immediately
Have we piqued your interest? We look forward to receiving your online application.
METRO GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.