Customer Service Clerk
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK I-DISTRIBUTION PART-TIME 20 HRS PER WEEK
SALARY: $13.20 /Hour
OPENING DATE: 09/16/13
CLOSING DATE: 09/20/13 03:00 PM
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
This is moderately complex clerical work with responsibility for keeping accurate records on all phases of water service. This employee is responsible for customer telephone contacts relative to new service, cutoff service and service complaints. Work involves setting up and maintaining a daily record of all water service. General direction is received from a supervisor.
Starting pay: $13.1965 per hour
Pay range: $13.1965 to $18.6463 per hour
Work hours: 8 am to 12 noon, Monday-Friday
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
· Receives telephone orders for new service and cutoff service.
· Answers customer complaints regarding water service.
· Handles new service orders, posts releases, and prepares paperwork for installation.
· Keeps accurate records on all aspects of water service, such as meters set or removed from service, materials used for installations, and leaks reported and serviced.
· Makes reports regarding water service activities.
· Checks maps for service shutdown.
· Compiles tabulations from records making arithmetic computations of a routine nature.
· Reviews time sheets of division personnel, distributes time to work-orders, maintains separate records of mileage or leaves taken.
· May operate a mail inserting machine.
· The examples of work performed are not intended to be all-inclusive. The City of Wichita reserves the right to assign additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
· Knowledge of modern office practice and procedure.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
· Ability to learn clerical duties easily and to follow routine procedures.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, representatives of outside agencies, and the public.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Kansas driver's license.
· An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
· Ability to lift and carry stacks/boxes of paper weighing up to 60 lbs. daily.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
One year of experience in clerical work. An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
455 N. Main
Wichita, KS 67202
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Find resumes for Customer Service People