Director, IT Procurement
Islandia, NY , Permanent, Competitive
This position must have the required skill in place from day one. This includes the skills to deliver on the role and interpersonal effectiveness required to gain the influence, functional knowledge and credibility of the IT Team and related organizations. The position is expected to have a working knowledge of IT such that the terms, requirements, vendors and typical situations are not new. It is expected the skills will be developed to the point they can immediately be demonstrated and taught to others. This position must be able to work with a broad range of individuals from external customers to developer levels to C level executives.
• Define and implement best practices for end-to-end management of all vendor decision-ing, sourcing, negotiations, financial analysis, contracting, procurement, and ongoing vendor management. It is highly likely that Procurement can take a lead on negotiations and contract development, but IT involvement and partnership is required.
• The process of vendor decision-ing requires that this position be involved in early portfolio planning to determine upcoming vendor requirements, selection, contracting, transitions, and other processes to be built into a proactive plan such that the process does not delay the delivery of solutions. The formulation and management to a proactive plan is required to avoid downstream problems.
• A primary focus will be on making sure a sound selection, negotiation, financial analysis and contract process is in place. Initially work will need to be completed to layout a process for completing this across IT, Legal and Procurement areas. After the process is in place, it is envisioned this position will work to ensure IT’s requirements are completed in a process that will easily flow through the selection, negotiating, financial analysis and contracting process. It is expected this position will continue to work with the right groups to develop standard selection and contracting templates and necessary, engage in hands-on negotiation and contract development activities, with Global Procurements contact manager and the legal dept.
• Establishing and engaging in supplier relationships, resolving escalations and providing vendor performance feedback is another area of focus. This includes partnering with Global Procurements Enterprise Supplier Management Group to lead the development and maintenance of vendor performance metrics, scorecards and reporting to manage vendor spend and performance effectiveness while monitoring the adherence to contractual agreements. This also includes establishing a pro-active vendor risk management process.
• Cross group collaboration must be built from day one and characterized as high trust and productive. Provide the team with strategic leadership, tactical results, maintain visibility and accessibility, build professional working relationships and promote communication and innovation. Regularly conduct meetings, encourage an open exchange of ideas and information.
• This position will work through proper process to help the IT team reduce current spend levels by millions of dollars.
• CA is defining the future of IT in the cloud. This position must be able to learn and adjust processes for more cloud based solutions every day.
• Depending upon the situation, this position may directly manage a team IT sourcing staff in Global Procurement and project efforts of 2-10 people. Instill excellence in employee development and performance to attain the highest level of productivity for long-range success.
• Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data, and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results.
• Senior Level experience with deep technology category experience and knowledge, including; hardware, maintenance, licensing, Business Process Outsourcing, Telecommunications, Professional Services, Technology Infrastructure, VAR’s, IT contingent staffing.
• Develop sourcing strategy, define and conduct RFX activities and manage RFI’s and RFP’s in support of the internal clients to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements. Conduct Sourcing Events using CA technologies sourcing process.
• Lead complex category and sourcing objectives, savings, risk mitigation, process efficiencies and controls,
• Establish strong internal client relationships and supplier relationships.
• Utilize best practices and sourcing strategies to manage strategic sourcing initiatives globally.
• Collect and analyze spend date, perform data analysis to identify new sourcing and cost optimization opportunities.
• Continually research market trends, best practices, benchmarking, influence internal change management behaviors.
• Lead cross functional sourcing teams to leverage firmwide opportunities when applicable. Develop & execute executive level presentations and transition plans to support new supplier contracts.
• Demand Management; Manage requirements working closely with stakeholders. Work with external supply base to capture ideas for cost saving opportunities.
• Typically have 2-4 direct reports.
• Business travel of approximately 5 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
• Master’s Degree or global equivalent in a related field, preferably in a business, industrial engineering or IT related field.
• Typically 10 years or more experience in vendor management including IT specific subject area.
• Preferably someone who has done the job before in Fortune 250, Financial Services or High Tech Software.
• Experienced in presenting in compelling, practical and sound deliverables.
Skills & Competencies
• Must be an intelligent, articulate, persuasive and collaborative leader who can define and implement processes across groups. Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
• Must have specific IT subject matter knowledge and experience in relation to vendors, basic technology concepts, etc.
• Plan and accomplish goals with a significant degree of innovation and creativity.
• Strong financial skills, ability to effectively manage time and budgets.
To be here for the long term we focus on things that last, and we are moved in many different ways. What moves you?
Can you build the career you want? You CAn. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. At a time when customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we're changing the way the world manages IT, to help customers better perform, compete and grow. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our software. It's also why you'll find a wealth of opportunities for important and rewarding work. Come to CA Technologies and build the career you CAn.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program, and Veterinary Care Insurance.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
- Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
- Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
- Banking services
- Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
- Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
- On-site chiropractor